Monday, May 5, 2014

MAY DAY

what....i can't believe it's already MAYYYYY

Things are going really great here. This past week, Sis. Ference and I have worked really hard, and are trying to just take it a week at a time. We have two investigators looking really good to get baptized on this coming Sunday, and two others that came to church yesterday...and will also be getting baptized on Sunday. We'll do all we can to help them meet their goal! Overall this week has been awesome, and every time I think I couldn't be happier, God proves me wrong. Every day when I wake up, I know I'm happier than the day before. And if things don't go exactly as I plan, or I hit set-backs, then I just have to look at the little miracles. Having investigators come to church is great, but seeing new members (who were investigators just a week ago) come to church and continue to progress is even greater. Seeing brand new converts come to church, bear their testimony, and then ask you if they can pay their tithing that day...is probably one of the best things to see as a missionary. I love these people so much.

Following up with investigators EVERY day is SO important! I have a testimony of that now. We have an investigator that is trying really hard to quit drinking alcohol, and HE called US yesterday to thank us for helping him change his life. I'm so excited for him to be baptized this week.

I love this area, I love these people, I love this work, and I love my companion. I feel like every companion I have had has been strangely a lot like me, but an extremely better version of myself that I want to become. Anyway, things are just great here in Saphansung.

If you couldn't tell by the formal tone in the last 3 paragraphs, the previous 3 paragraphs were really just copied and pasted from my letter to president. because time is precious, and everything i told him was what i wanted to tell you. but...naturally, there are parts about my mission life that i would not include to my letter to president....like the time when i chased down a lady in front of the church. she was walking way too fast, and we needed more investigators at church that day...so we RAN. when she heard footsteps coming behind her, she turned around and kind of put her hands up like she was afraid we would hit her or something. maybe we should change our approach...? also, running every morning has been great. except for when we get 15 min. out and i decide i HAVE to go to the bathroom. all i could think of the whole time was rachel in her water-shoes..."oh looky there...it's RACHEL...and she's BOOKING it to the bathroom." (british accent). 

anyway, all in all, the mission is EVERYTHING. it's hard, awesome, work, cool, spiritual, fun, happy, sad, crazy, wonderful. mostly it's just PERFECT. because life doesn't get better than this. i love you all so much. thank you for your prayers, keep them coming!

Sister Steele
Sis Steele and her new companion, Sis Ference...from Holliday, Utah!

Sis Ference just turned 20!

No comments:

Post a Comment